Skocz do zawartości

Us Benefits - Ktore Mozna, A Ktore Przeszkodza W Otrzymaniu Obywatelstwa?

primrose1321

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Odpowiedzi 85
  • Utworzony
  • Ostatnia odpowiedź

Dzieki Karina - Jestes Zlota!

Zastanawiaja mnie tylko te Food Stamps...wydaje mi sie, ze od jakiegos czasu oni wydaja juz cos w rodzaju DEBIT CARD na grocery shopping... czy to wtedy nie jest traktowane jako CASH ASSISTANCE? Troszke to pokrecone.

A moze jest tutaj ktos, kto ma Food Stamps i moze powiedziec, jak to wyglada w rzeczywistosci??

Wielkie dzieki wszystkim!!!!!!!!!

PS.powyzsze pytanie "jkb" rowniez mnie ciekawi :) tylko, jesli ktos jest po rozwodzie, a byly maz bym jedynym i glownym sponsorem, to czy nadal go obowiazuje zobowiazanie do support? Chyba tak, skoro ponoc mozna go pozwac do sadu o "no support"....Wiem, ze to takie gdybanie i jak to jest w zyciu wiedza tylko ci, ktorzy w tym temacie siedza na porzadku dziennym.Moje wypowiedzi opieraja sie w tym przypadku 50% na poradach prawnych i 50% forach internetowych...

Nadal go obowiazuje affidavit of support - bez wzgledu na to czy odbyl sie rozwod czy nie. Pozwac z tego powodu go nie mozesz, natomiast pozwac go moze rzad o zwrot benefitow ktore Ty dostalas.

Co do tych benefitow - to jak myslicie - z czyjej kasy sa wyplacane ? To jest wlasnie te 47%....

czyli dobrze rozumiem ze uzywajac WIC program na dziecko i siebie w ciazy nie bede miec przeszkod w otrzymaniu zielonej karty poprzez malzenstwo z obywatelem?

Karina bede Ci dozgonnie wdzieczna z odpowiedz.....

To juz mozesz mi byc wdzieczna :)

Odpowiedz na Twoje pytanie: dobrze rozumiesz, ze WIC nie przeszkadza w otrzymaniu green card.

USCIS states that the following benefits may be used without a public charge penalty by legal immigrants who have not yet received their green card:

Food Programs such as WIC (the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children), school meals, or other food assistance

Health Care Benefits such as emergency Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), prenatal care, or other free or low-cost medical care at clinics, health centers, or other settings (other than long-term care in a nursing home or similar institution)

Non-Cash Programs such as public housing, child care, energy assistance, disaster relief, Head Start, or job training or counseling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New immigrants should stay away from the following benefits to avoid a public charge determination. USCIS will consider your participation in the following when deciding whether or not to issue a green card:

• Cash Welfare such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), cash Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and state and local cash assistance programs for income maintenance (often called "state General Assistance")
  • Institutionalization for long-term care, such as residing in a nursing home or mental health facility at government expense

Dzieki Karina - Jestes Zlota!

Zastanawiaja mnie tylko te Food Stamps...wydaje mi sie, ze od jakiegos czasu oni wydaja juz cos w rodzaju DEBIT CARD na grocery shopping... czy to wtedy nie jest traktowane jako CASH ASSISTANCE? Troszke to pokrecone.

A moze jest tutaj ktos, kto ma Food Stamps i moze powiedziec, jak to wyglada w rzeczywistosci??

Wielkie dzieki wszystkim!!!!!!!!!

PS.powyzsze pytanie "jkb" rowniez mnie ciekawi :) tylko, jesli ktos jest po rozwodzie, a byly maz bym jedynym i glownym sponsorem, to czy nadal go obowiazuje zobowiazanie do support? Chyba tak, skoro ponoc mozna go pozwac do sadu o "no support"....Wiem, ze to takie gdybanie i jak to jest w zyciu wiedza tylko ci, ktorzy w tym temacie siedza na porzadku dziennym.Moje wypowiedzi opieraja sie w tym przypadku 50% na poradach prawnych i 50% forach internetowych...

1. Food stamps to food stamp niezaleznie w jakiej formie sa Ci dawane. Nie jest to cash assistance. Tak to wyglada w rzeczywistosci.

2. Tak, maz czy to byly czy obecny jego sponsorowanie nie wygasa - badz to do otrzymania przez Ciebie obywatelstwa badz to do momentu kiedy przepracujesz 40 kwartalow w USA. Ale... i tutaj trzeba sie zastanowic na slowem "sponsorowanie" vs. "placenie" vs. "utrzymywanie" vs. "potencjalne korzystanie z benefitow z uwagi na rozwod". Jesli ktos bedzie zainteresowany to opisze to bardziej szczegolowo.

• 1 miesiąc później...
  • 5 miesięcy później...

Hm... no mam to wszystko tak fajnie zebrane, ale nie za bardzo wiem jak to tu wkleic. Sprobuje, jesli cos mi nie wyjdzie to poprosze bardziej skomputeryzowana osobe o poprawienie wszystkiego :)

OSOBY UBIEGAJACE SIE O GREEN CARD BADZ WLOT DO USA (PONOWNY WLOT):

1. Use of Medicaid,

the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP),

or other health programs by you or your family members will NOT affect the public charge decision

unless you use Medicaid or other government funds to pay for long-term care (nursing

home or other institutionalized care).

2. Use of the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (food stamps),

WIC (the supplemental food program for women, infants, and children),

public housing,

or other noncash programs by you or your family members will NOT affect the public charge

decision.

3. Use of cash welfare by your children or other family members will NOT affect the public

charge decision unless these benefits are your family’s only income.

A TERAZ UWAGA:

Your own use of cash welfare, such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary

Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or General Assistance, MIGHT affect the public

charge decision, depending on your situation. => JAKKOLWIEK BRANIE WYZEJ PODANYCH BENEFITOW NIE JEST PRZESZKODA W UBIEGANIU SIE O OBYWATELSTWO - JEST/MOZE BYC PRZESZKODA W UBIEGANIU SIE O GREEN CARD BADZ WLOT DO USA.

I TUTAJ MACIE WYJASNIONE TO W PYTANIACH:

Persons with Green Cards

I have my green card. Will my use of cash assistance affect my status?

In general, using cash welfare for which you are eligible is not a problem once you have your

green card. It will not affect your ability to become a citizen. However, using cash welfare could

be a problem if you travel outside of the U.S. for more than six months (see the question on travel

below). Using noncash benefits for which you are eligible will not cause a problem for you.

I have my green card and I get cash welfare. Can I travel outside of the United States?

If you are a lawful permanent resident who gets SSI, TANF, or other cash welfare right now, you

should not travel outside of the U.S. for more than 180 days (about 6 months). Any time you are

gone for more than 180 days, the DHS can ask you questions about whether you are likely to

become a public charge and may not let you reenter the country.

If you are returning to the U.S. after being outside of the country for 180 days or less, in most

cases DHS will not ask you questions about public charge when you return. DHS will ask you

these questions only if they suspect that you intended to live permanently in another country,

committed certain crimes, or had a pending deportation or removal case when you left the

country.

I have my green card and get public benefits. Can I still receive my benefits while I am

out of the country?

If you plan to be outside of the country for more than 30 days, you should check with the agency

providing the benefit. It may be against the rules to continue receiving public benefits while you

are outside the U.S. It could hurt your chances of reentering the U.S. or becoming a U.S. citizen

if you received benefits that you were not supposed to receive.

When I return from a trip, can the government make me pay back benefits that I used

before I left?

No. The government is not supposed to ask you to pay back these benefits unless you received

them improperly (for example, if you were not really living in this state but claimed to be a

resident, or if you did not tell your welfare worker about all of your income). If you are at the

airport or the border and DHS or another agency asks you to pay back benefits, you should get

legal help immediately. This is true no matter what your immigration status is.

I have my green card. Can DHS deport or “remove” me because I use benefits?

No. DHS cannot deport/remove you just for using public benefits that you qualify to receive.

The government has said that deportations due to public charge are “rare” and can happen only

when an unusual set of conditions are met:

1. You received cash welfare or long-term institutional care for reasons that existed before

you entered the U.S., and

2. You got the cash welfare or long-term care less than 5 years after you entered the U.S.,

and

3. You or your sponsor have a legal debt to the government agency that gave you the cash

or long-term care, and you or your sponsor got a notice from the government that you

owed the debt within 5 years of entering the U.S., and

4. You or your sponsor have refused to repay the benefits after the government filed a

lawsuit and won in court.

Most programs, such as SSI and TANF, do not create a debt for you. In some states, General

Assistance may create a debt for you. Some programs may create a debt for your sponsor. Even

where a debt is created, however, states generally have not filed lawsuits seeking repayment from

immigrants or their sponsors. -> TUTAJ AKURAT JEST ROZNIE, BO SAMA WIDZIALAM KIEDY SPONSORZY ODDAWALI DO RZADU PIENIADZE, KTORE BYLY WCZESNIEJ UZYTE JAKO BENEFITY DLA LUDZI.

I have my green card and I am receiving SSI or other cash benefits. Will this stop me

from becoming a U.S. citizen?

No. If you are properly receiving public benefits, you cannot be denied citizenship for receiving

benefits. But if you received public benefits improperly (for example, after providing false

information about your income or where you live), or misled DHS when you got your green card,

the DHS may decide that you do not have “good moral character,” and you could have trouble

becoming a U.S. citizen.

Pani Karino,

Mam pytanie o unemployment. Czy rezydent może je otrzymać i czy nie będzie to przeszkadzało w przyszłości w ubieganiu się o obywatelstwo?? W związku z rządowym zamknięciem pojutrze (prawdopodobnie) zostanę bez pracy - pracuję w parku narodowym. Pracodawca poradził nam dzisiaj aby aplikować o zasiłek, ale ja nie wiem czy mi to nie zagrozi w przyszłości?

Będę bardzo wdzięczna za odpowiedź.

Pozdrawiam

• 2 tygodnie później...

Pani Karino,

Mam pytanie o unemployment. Czy rezydent może je otrzymać i czy nie będzie to przeszkadzało w przyszłości w ubieganiu się o obywatelstwo?? W związku z rządowym zamknięciem pojutrze (prawdopodobnie) zostanę bez pracy - pracuję w parku narodowym. Pracodawca poradził nam dzisiaj aby aplikować o zasiłek, ale ja nie wiem czy mi to nie zagrozi w przyszłości?

Będę bardzo wdzięczna za odpowiedź.

Pozdrawiam

Mozesz bez problemow starac sie o unemployment. To nie przeszkadza w otrzymaniu przez Ciebie obywatelstwa w przyszlosci.

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...