Nowy formularz i-485 (oraz i-944) dla AOS

Xarthisius

Jest nowy formularz i-485 [1], z wazna adnotacja:

The current edition of the form, dated 7/15/2019

• We will accept the current edition of this form if it is postmarked on or before Oct. 14, 2019.
  • We will not accept it if it is postmarked on or after Oct. 15, 2019.
  •  A dated receipt from the courier service used (such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL) is equivalent to a U.S. Postal Service postmark.

On or after Oct. 15, 2019, we will accept only the 10/15/19 edition.

Wszystko ze wzgledu na ostrzejsze reguly odnosnie public charge [2]. Dodatkowo wieksza czesc osob skladajacych i-485 bedzie musiala zlozyc dodatkowy formularz i-944 (Declaration of Self-Sufficiency) [3]

• 2 weeks later...

Pojawila sie informacja, ze pracuja nad opowiednikiem powyzszego dla trybu CP (DS-5540):

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/10/24/2019-23219/60-day-notice-of-proposed-information-collection-public-charge-questionnaire

Respondents: Immigrant visa applicants, including diversity visa applicants, and certain nonimmigrant visa applicants.

• 3 months later...

Przepisy wchodza w zycie 24 lutego 2020 (poza Illinois :D)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will implement the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds final rule (“Final Rule”) on Feb. 24, 2020, except for in the State of Illinois where the rule remains enjoined by a federal court as of Jan. 30, 2020. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-announces-public-charge-rule-implementation-following-supreme-court-stay-nationwide-injunctions