Skocz do zawartości

Boarding plane with expired green card

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hi everyone,

I have an expired green card and I am outside of US . I would like to fly back to USA but I heard that most airlines  do not allow board with expired green card. So I am thinking to renew I-90 outside of USA and together with receipt try to board.

Also i read CBP information, and they write, that if your green card was issued for 10 years and now is expired the airlines still may board to USA without any penalty, but most of them refuse, so trying to understand what is the reality.

In short, does anyone had any experience boarding with expired green card without any extension letter or re-entry permit?  does LOT airlines boarding with expired green card? Any comment would be helpful. Thanks

Edytowane przez Edis
Mistakes

When did the green card expired? Did you make any attempts to keep your ties to the US?

Technically you don't lose the resident status when your green card expires. But you can be however referred to the immigration judge upon arrival to U.S. The judge can make a final decision regarding your status.

Expired 5 years ago.  So yeah thats the thing that even if they sent you to immigration court, its fine, i can try to explain, but i need first to get on a plane and trying to make the best decision how to do it without rejection.

Edytowane przez Edis

Some airlines allow to board US-bound flights with expired Green Card and I-797 Notice confirming that you have requested to replace GC. I believe LOT is not among them. I didn't hear about the airline that allows to board just with an expired GC without i-797 in hand. Maybe you should try to fly to Canada and try to enter US by car?

• Dziękuję! 1