Skocz do zawartości

Selective Service

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Gdzies przeczytalem ze Jesli ktos chce byc w przyszlosci obywatelem USA i w wieku 18-26 mieszka w USA to musi sie zarejestrowac w selective service. To sie tyczy tylko tych co maja zielone karty czy ze zwykla wiza na 3 miesiace tez sie mozna (czy trzeba) zarejestrowac tam?

I drugie pytanie: Czy o obywatelstwo mozna sie starac tylko po 5 latach na zielonej karcie czy tez po 5 latach mieszkania tam na jakis innych wizach typu studencka, pracownicza itd.?

a gdzies o tych sprawach slyszal od tego zacznijmy?

moze poczytaj forum i zobaczysz ze 5 lat jest dla osob ktore przylatuja na wizach na tzw laczenie rodzin (nie dotyczy malzonkow) ,loterii wizowej,.sponsorowanie pracownicze na GC ,,jak wezmiesz slub z obywatelka to po 3 latach skladasz papiery na obywatelstwo ,,jak masz GC powinnienes sie zarejestrowac w tym serwisie ale majac tylko GC a nie wize pracownicza-studencka itp

i w bajki wloz w to ze jak bedziesz mieszkac w USA na wizie prawconiczej to dostaniesz obywatelstwo ,,nawet i po 10 latach nic tego nie wyjdzie,,musisz miec GC lub tez zakwalifikowac sie do wojska ale o tym poczytasz na forum i na roznych www

Selective Service

1. What is it?

The Selective Service was created by the Selective Service act of 1917. It is the means by which the United States administers military conscription. It entails registering all males between the ages of 18 and 25 with the system for the purpose of having information available about potential soldiers in the event of war. Registration for Selective Service is also required by certain U.S. departments, before one's application for employment may be considered. Selective Service registration is also a requirement for any eligible male who wishes to apply for US Citizenship now or at some future date. The Selective Service System is an independent federal agency within the Executive Branch of the Federal government of the United States.

2. Who needs to register?

Any male between the ages of 18 and 25 residing in the United States needs to register, regardless of immigration status. You are required to register within 30 days of your 18th birthday, but will have fulfilled the register requirement as long as you register at any time between your 18th and 26th birthday.

3. I am living in the US illegally. Do I need to register?

If you are between the ages of 18 and 26, yes. Selective Service does not share information with USCIS, so it is unlikely you will expose yourself by registering.

4. I am a woman. Do I need to register?

No. Selective Service registration is for males only.

5. I am a male between the age of 18 and 26, visiting on a tourist visa or Visa Waiver Program. Do I need to register?

No. You are not residing in the United States. You are not required to register.

6. I am a male between the age of 18 and 26. I am here on a student visa. Do I need to register?

No. You are a lawful nonimmigrant. You do not need to register. You will however need to register if you at any time file for adjustmend of status, for example through marriage.

7. I am a male between the age of 18 and 26. I am here on a H-1B visa. Do I need to register?

No. You are a lawful nonimmigrant. You do not need to register. You will however need to register if you at any time file for adjustmend of status, for example through marriage or your employer petitions you for a green card.

8. I am a male who just turned 26. I did not know about Selective Service, and didn't register. Can I still register now?

No. Once you turned 26, you aged out and can no longer register.

9. Will I be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan if I register?

No. The United States abandonded the draft in 1973 under President Nixon. Unless Congress reinstates the draft which is unlikely, you will not be going anywhere - unless you decide to sign up for military service on your own, of course.

10. I didn't register. Now what?

The penalty for an eligible male who willfully does not register for Selective Service is up to 5 years in jail or a fine of $250,000. The keyword here is willful, which means the government must prove you knew you were required to register but willfully neglected to do so. There have been only 20 prosecutions for willfully not registering since 1980, and most of these have been activists who publicly proclaimed their refusal to register.

A more practical consequense of not registering, comes into play when a permanent resident applies for US Citizenship, as the N-400 petition may be denied if the Selective Service registration requirement is not met.

11. I am applying for citizenship, what should I do with the Selective Service question on the N-400?

The N-400 form, Section 10, Question 33 asks:

"Are you a male who lived in the United States at any time between your 18th and 26th birthdays in any status except as a lawful nonimmigrant?"

If your answer is No - i.e you have not lived in the United states prior to your 26th birthday, move on to the next question. You were never required to register for Selective Service.

If your answer to question 33 is Yes, and you registered for Selective Service, fill in your registration date and Selective Service number on the form, and move on to the next question. You have fulfilled the registration requirement.

If your answer to question 33 is Yes, and you have not registered for Selective Service and you are still under the age of 26, stop. Register for Selective Service, then return to the N-400 and fill in your registration date and Selective Service number on the form. Then move on to the next question. You have fulfilled the registration requirement.

If your answer to question 33 is Yes, and you have not registered for Selective Service and you are between the ages of 26 and 31, stop. You can no longer register for Selective Service, as you aged out when you reached your 26th birthday. You have not fulfilled the registration requirement and your N-400 petition can be denied. You should wait until you reach the age of 31 before applying for citizenship.

If your answer to question 33 is Yes, and you have not registered for Selective Service and you are aged 31 or over, proceed with caution. You can no longer register for Selective Service, but you have fully aged out of the registration requirement once you reached 31. You should attach a statement as to why you did not register, and proceed with the N-400 petition.

12. How do I register for Selective Service?

If you are in status and have a valid Social Security Number, you can register online here:

http://www.sss.gov/

You can also check the status of any registration through the Selective Service website.

If you are not in status and do not have a valid Social Security number, then you can register at any U.S. Post Office. Do NOT register with a fake SSN. When you do obtain a social security number, let Selective Service know. Provide a copy of your new social security number card; being sure to include your complete name, date of birth, Selective Service registration number, and current mailing address; and mail to the Selective Service System, P.O. Box 94636, Palatine, IL 60094-4636.

Once registered and whenever you update your registration, you will receive a confirmation card in the mail. Keep this with your other immigration related papers as proof of registration.

You are also required to report any change of address to Selective Service while you are between the age of 18 and 25. When you reach the age of 26, this is no longer required.

Sources:

Wikipedia.org

sss.gov

As always, the above should not be read as legal advice, it is a guideline only. For specific questions or concerns, you should contact a qualified attorney.

No wiec z tego wynika ze nie trzeba sie rejestrowac na wizie nieimigracyjnej. Wiec moje pytanie brzmi czy mozna? Bo moze kiedys przyjade na zielonej karcie i zapomne tego zrobic. Wiec czy mozna tak profilaktycznie sie zarejestrowac jesli sie ma SSN?

No wiec z tego wynika ze nie trzeba sie rejestrowac na wizie nieimigracyjnej. Wiec moje pytanie brzmi czy mozna? Bo moze kiedys przyjade na zielonej karcie i zapomne tego zrobic. Wiec czy mozna tak profilaktycznie sie zarejestrowac jesli sie ma SSN?

Nie mozesz rejestrowac sie profilaktycznie. Ale jesli mieszkasz w USA nielegalnie i jestes w wieku 18-26 powinienes.

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...