Skocz do zawartości

Affidavit Of Support- Jaka Wysokość Zarobków?

FUGAZI

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Tak wiaze sie to z odpowiedzialnoscia. Przykladem moze byc np fakt ze zachodzisz w ciaze i nie masz ubezpieczenia korzystasz z pomocy stanu, osoba co sponsor moze byc pociagnieta do odpowiedzialnosci materialnej za ciebie

Zaden sponsor nie pokrywa rachunkow za ciaze ani za zadne emergency w szpitalu chyba, ze szpital jest w jakiejs czesci wlasnoscia stanu badz panstwa, a i w takim przypadku dana osoba stara sie o charity care i nigdy nie spotkalam sie zeby jakiegokolwiek sponsora ktos scigal. Nawet jesli rachunki pokrywa stan to nie jest to przeszkoda zeby starac sie o green card oraz potem o obywatelstwo. Gdyby bylo tak, ze sponsor placi za porody to byloby super, tylko jakos nie bardzo moge sobie w takim przypadku wyobrazic kogokolwiek kto by podpisal affidavit of support.

Osoba, ktorej podpisuje sie dokumenty moze formalnie (teoretycznie oczywiscie) skarzyc podpisujacego ('sponsora') jesli bedzie miala financial difficulties (w tym takze duzy rachunek za szpital) co nie znaczy, ze szpital, stan, panstwo moze sciagac pieniadze od sponsora chyba, ze w czesci nalezy do panstwa badz stanu. Jednak egal fees bylyby tu duzo wieksze niz rachunki wiec... taxpayers cover the bills. Kolko sie zamyka.

Jak slysze, ze ktos mowi, ze sponsor bedzie odpowiadal za czyjes karty kredytowe, za nieplacone podatki, za nieplacone raty za samochod itd. to az mi sie cos dzieje. Kto takie glupty w ogole wymysla?

A tutaj mala ciekawostka:

The Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, must be submitted by those who are sponsoring foreign nationals under the family-based immigration system. The sponsor must be able to demonstrate that he or she has income over and above the federal poverty guidelines. In the event that the sponsor cannot meet such an income requirement, a co-sponsor, who is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, may also submit an affidavit of support.

The affidavit of support is also required in certain employment-based immigration situations. Specifically, if a relative is sponsoring a foreign national under one of the employment-based categories, or this relative owns a significant interest in the entity that files a petition on behalf of the immigrant, an affidavit of support will be needed.

Section 213A of the Immigration & Nationality Act creates a legally enforceable contract between the sponsor and the foreign national. Also, the Act creates a legally enforceable contract between the sponsor and the federal agency or any state agency, which may provide means-tested public benefits to the sponsored immigrant.

Recently, law suits filed by foreign nationals against the sponsoring spouse have been successful. In a recent decision arising from a federal district court in Florida, Cheshire vs Cheshire, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26602, Maria Cheshire, the plaintiff who is a Russian immigrant living in the US under permanent resident status, sued her ex-husband Walter Cheshire, the defendant who is a US citizen who had sponsored her for permanent residency and submitted Form I-864 in conjunction with this sponsorship. Defendant supported his wife from January 8, 1998, the date he signed the affidavit of support, until their divorce on December 20, 2001. He stopped supporting her after that date. It is noted that the state court in Florida that had ordered the dissolution of the marriage did not award alimony or support to either party.

The Court in Cheshire v. Cheshire analyzed, after reviewing Section 213A, that the sponsor’s obligation to support the sponsored immigrant under the Affidavit of Support only terminated upon the occurrence of one of the five circumstances: 1) the sponsor’s death, 2) the sponsored immigrant’s death, 3) the sponsored immigrant becoming a US citizen, 4) the sponsored immigrant permanently departing the US, or 5) the sponsored immigrant being credited with a total of 40 qualifying quarters of work. Thus, the fact that defendant had divorced his wife did not terminate his obligation to continue to support his wife.

The Court held that the defendant US citizen spouse was required to continue to support his wife from December 20, 2001 till the date of the judgment. The plaintiff ex-spouse had to be supported in an amount equal to 125% of the annual income stipulated under the federal poverty guidelines from 2001 to 2006, which amounted to $50,116.75, minus the wages of $41,795.54 that she had received on her own accord during this period. Defendant was thus ordered to pay $8,321.21.

The Court held that the defendant’s obligation to sponsor the plaintiff would continue until such obligation expired by law based on the above 5 outlined events. The Court further held that there was no obligation for the spouse to work in order to relieve the defendant of his obligation.

Even though the defendant had also filed a Form I-134, which was another undertaking to support his ex-spouse when she had initially applied for a tourist visa, the Court found that only Form I-864 created an enforceable contract under the Act. Form I-134 did not create such an enforceable contract.

The lesson to be drawn from this case is that when a sponsor submits Form I-864, he or she should be aware that it can be legally enforced in a court of law. It would be difficult for a defendant to assert the traditional defenses such as fraud or duress, lack of consideration or that the plaintiff breached the contract. In Cheshire v. Cheshire, the Court found that even though the marriage was initially experiencing problems, there was insufficient evidence to suggest at the outset that the plaintiff, had no intention to remain married once she came to the US. The Court also found that under the terms of the affidavit, the consideration for the defendant’s promise to support the plaintiff was plaintiff being granted entry into the US. In other words, the submission of Form I-864 enabled the plaintiff to overcome the public charge ground of inadmissibility.

Witam ponownie!

Po raz kolejny bardzo proszę o pomoc.:-) Otoz od 2 tygodni nieustannie szukamy z narzeczonym drugiego sponsora dla mnie, aczkolwiek jak na razie niestety bezskutecznie.:-( Chcialam się dowiedzieć jak wygląda sprawa wypelnienia tejże formy gwarantując majatkiem? W jednym z wątkow Karina pisala,ze jakas osoba gwarantowala swoim domem...dlatego tez mam pytanie czy ja jako osoba posiadajaca dom i samochod w Polsce moge to w jakis sposob wykorzystac czy cos mi sie pomylilo i osoba gwarantujaca musi byc obywatelem badz tez rezydentem USA tak jak wyglada w przypadku sponsora?

Serdecznie prosze o odpowiedz.

Rybko, w USCIS zle wam powiedzieli. Jesli nie masz sponsora to mozesz jak najbardziej zastapic go assets. I mialam wiele takich sytuacji gdzie tak bylo. Tyle tylko, ze wymagana jest dosc duza suma w zabezpieczeniu. Co wiecej - mialam nawet dziewczyne z Polski, ktora gwarantowala domem w Polsce i bylo wszystko OK.

Ile jest Was w rodzinie? Wylicze Wam co i jak.

Znalazlam tego posta na forum, dlatego też pytam, bo moze jednak istnieje jakis cien szansy. Niewykluczone jednak, że cos pomylilam.

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...