Skocz do zawartości

Czy mogę starać się o wizę turystyczną?

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Witam. W przyszłym roku wybieramy się na kurs językowy z EF na dwa tygodnie. Kurs będzie trwał krócej niż 18 godzin tygodniowo. Pytałam pani z biura EF, czy możemy starać się o wizę turystyczną. Powiedziała, że skoro lecimy na dwa tygodnie, to możemy, jak najbardziej. Moje pytanie jest takie. Jeśli powiemy u konsula, że lecimy na kurs, a staramy się o wizę turystyczną, to nie powie, że staramy się o złą wizę i nas odeśle? Podobno można jechać na wizie turystycznej, jeżeli kurs trwa krócej niż 18 godzin w tygodniu, ale może to dziwnie wyglądać.

Chcielibyśmy mieć wizę turystyczną, bardziej nam na niej zależy, ponieważ planujemy w następnym latach pozwiedzać US. Chcemy też obejść wyrabianie dwóch różnych wiz.

"When you get your tourist visa, the consulate should put a special notation in it regarding your study plans: “Study incidental to visit: I-20 not -required.” Examine your visa when you get it, and request such a notation if it’s not there. This notation will avoid confusion at the border and in the United States, and shows that you aren’t misusing a visa meant primarily for tourists. (The “I-20” is simply a form that academic and vocational students must receive from their school before applying for their visa.)

If the consulate doesn’t put this notation in your visa, this shouldn’t stop you from entering the United States. When you get to the airport, border, or other port of entry, however, be very sure to state that the main purpose of your trip is to be a tourist. You can mention the classes later, but if you start out by saying, “I’m here to study,” the border patrol officials will quiz you on why you didn’t get a student visa."

I z innego zrodla:

"If you are going to the U.S. primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study which is recreational (and not for credit towards a degree), and the course is less than 18 hours per week, this is permitted on a visitor visa. As an example, if you are taking a vacation to the U.S., and during this vacation you would like to take a two-day cooking class for your enjoyment, and there is no credit earned, then this would be permitted on a visitor visa. "

Coz, tyle znalazlam w tym temacie. Ale wiadomo, nikt nie przewidzi tego co zadecyduje konsul. :p

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...