Skocz do zawartości

Strzały w Wirginii

martinsen

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

wiesz jakos nawet nigdy nie myslalem ze zostane ofiara .....ofiara strzalu z pistoletu ......a prawo do samoobrony ma kazdy ......tylko ...kazdy tez ma prawo do bezpieczenstwa .......a jak ja slysze raz po raz ze ciagle ktos ginie z rak jakiegos wariata ...kazdy nosi giwere i moze jej uzyc .....jesli poprostu sie pod[beeep]i i nie bedzie panowal nad soba .......to ja dziekuje ......

No i dalej czegos nie rozumiesz. Ludzie posiadajacy legalnie bron i majacy CCW permit do jej noszenia nie sa dla Ciebie zagrozeniem. Musisz sie obawiac tych ktorzy nie powinni posiadac broni i zdobyli ja nie legalnie.

FACT: The non-gun homicide rate for children in the U.S. is more than twice as high than other western countries.

Eight times as many children die from non-gun violent acts than from gun crimes.

* Kids and Guns, 2000, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention

This indicates that the problem is violence, NOT guns !!

FACT: 82% of homicides to children age 13 and under were committed without a gun.

* 1997, FBI Uniform Crime Statistics

FACT: 0.1% of all deaths for children between the ages 0-14 are from firearms, 0.6% are from motor vehicles, 5.3% are from being struck in beatings or bludgeoning, 6.0% from poisoning, and 42.6% from suffocation.

* 1997 National Center for Health Statistics National Vital Statistics Report

FACT: In 1996 there were only 21 accidental gun deaths for children under age 15. About twice as many children under 10 die from drowning in bathtubs.

* Centers for Disease Control

MYTH: 13 Children are killed each day by guns.

FACT: The statistics cited for this myth include "children" up to age 19 or age 24, depending on the source. Most violent crime is committed by males ages 16-24, so these numbers include adult gang members dying during criminal activity.

*FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1997

FACT: 18-20 year olds commit over 23% of all gun murders. None of these criminals are allowed to purchase a handgun due to their age under current law.

* U.S. Treasury and Justice Dept. Report, 1999

FACT: During the Clinton administration, federal prosecutions of gun-related crimes dropped more than 44%.

* Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse Univ. 1992-1998

FACT: There are more than 22,000 gun laws at the city, county, state, and federal level.

* BATF estimate, 1992

If gun control worked, then we should be free of crime.

FACT: There are more guns in the U.S. than cars (228,000,000 guns according to the 1998 FBI statistics and 207,754,000 automobiles according to the 1998 Federal Highway Administration registrations). Yet, you are 31 times more likely to be accidentally killed by a car than a gun according to the National Safety Council…despite cars having been registered and licensed for more than 100 years.

FACT: 90% of all violent crime in the U.S. does not involve any gun of any type.

* 1998 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

FACT: Less than 1% of all guns will ever be used in the commission of any type of crime (much less violent crime).

*FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1994

FACT: Two-thirds of the people that die each year from gunfire are criminals shooting other criminals.

* FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1994

FACT: The national five day waiting period under the Brady Bill had no impact on murder or robbery, but slightly increased rape and aggravated assault rates by a few percent. For these two crime categories, the major effect was to delay law-abiding citizens from getting a gun for protection. The risks were greatest for crimes against women.

* Dr. John Lott Jr., Univ. of Chicago School of Law

FACT: Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 per day.

* Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State Univ.

Often the gun is never fired and no blood (including the criminals) is shed.

FACT: Every day, 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes per day are prevented just by showing a handgun. In less than 0.9% of the time is the gun ever actually ever fired.

* Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State Univ.

FACT: Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times- more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.

* Fall 1995, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology

This means that, each year, firearms are used 65 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.

FACT: Of the 250,000,000 annual self-defense cases using guns, more than 7.7% are by women defending themselves against sexual abuse.

* U.S. Dept. of Justice, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration,

Rape Victimization in 26 American Cities, 1979

MYTH: Concealed Carry Laws Increase Crime

FACT: When citizens are allowed to carry concealed weapons:

* Murder rates drop 8%

* Rape rates fall 5%

* Aggravated assaults drop 7%

More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right -to -carry laws.

TYPE OF CRIME HOW MUCH HIGHER IN RESTRICTIVE STATES (states without Concealed carry laws)

Violent Crime ……………………81% higher

Murder ………………………….. 86% higher

Rape …………………………… 25% higher

Assault…………………………… 82% higher

Robbery………………………….. 105% higher

Auto Theft……………………….. 60% higher

* John Lott, David Mustard: This study involved county level crime statistics from all 3,054 counties in the U.S. from 1977 through 1992. During this time, ten states adopted right-to-carry laws. It is estimated that if all states had adopted right-to-carry laws, in 1992 the U.S. would have avoided 1,400 murders, 4,200 rapes, 12,000 robberies, 60,000 aggravated assaults- and would have saved over $5,000,000,000 in victim expenses.

FACT: 92.7% of law enforcement officials believe that citizens should be able to purchase firearms for self-defense and sporting purposes.

* 1999 Police Survey, National Assoc. of Chiefs of Police

MYTH: Police are our protection, and people don't need guns.

FACT: The courts have consistently ruled that the police do not have an obligation to protect individuals. In Warren v. District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Dept.,

444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981), the court stated: 'Courts have without exception concluded that when a muni[beeep]lity or other governmental entity undertakes to furnish police services, it assumes a duty only to the public at large and not to individual members of the community.'

FACT: After Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibited handgun possession for self defense, the "breaking and entering" crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the U.S. rate.

* Pat Mayhew, Residential Burglary: A Comparison of the United States,

Canada and England and Wales (Nat'l Inst. Of Just., Wash., D.C., 1987)

MYTH: Japan has strict gun control and a less violent society.

FACT: In Japan, the murder rate is about 1 per 100,000. In the U.S., there are about 3.2 murders per 100,000 each year by weapons other than firearms.

* United Nations data

Therefore, if all of the firearms in the U.S. could magically be eliminated, we would still have three times the murder rate of Japan.

• Odpowiedzi 99
  • Utworzony
  • Ostatnia odpowiedź

Co do liberalizmu w USA ma on inne odzwierciedlenie niż w europie chodź się z niego wywodzi

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameryka%C5%84...4ski_liberalizm

a temat broni w USA to temat rzeka.

Moim zdaniem większym problemem jest fakt ilości broni na czarnym rynku co uniemożliwia od tak zakazanie posiadania broni przez obywateli ,bo równowaga została by zachwiana , obywatele faktycznie w pewnych sytuacjach stali by się prawie bezbronni a przestępcy by to wykorzystali.

Po pobycie w Vegas jedna myśl mi się nasuwa jak w Polsce ciebie napadną mogą ciebie "najwyższej" ciężko pobić , rzadko takie zdarzenie może się skończyć śmiercią ,natomiast w USA napady są z reguły z bronią w ręku nie masz za wiele do powiedzenia a jak napastnik jej użyje wiadomo co może się stać , to jest coś czego się boje będąc w USA ,że faktycznie można łatwo i głupio stracić życie , w Polsce takich obaw nie mam.

I jeśli mieli by odebrać broń wszystkim obywatelom i wszystkim przestępcą byłbym na pewno za tym pomysłem , natomiast wiem ,że jak zaczną zakazywać używania broni to do niej dostęp stracą zwykli ludzie natomiast w za mały stopniu wpłynie to na zmniejszenie dostępu do broni przestępców

Mingan   masz zracje    ...teraz nic by to nie dalo ....ale miedys popelniono blad .....bron stala sie bardziej dostepna ....i wytworzyla sie taka mentalnosc ze bez broni   sie nie uchowasz

A wiesz w ogole dlaczego ta sytuacja sie wytworzyla? Odpowiedz masz Konstytucji USA

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Takze Konstytucja Pennsylvanii mowi to samo

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Kazdy stan ma podobny zapisek.

no coz, jedyne co mozna powiedziec, to to, ze usa ma historie taka jaka ma i niestety w obecnej sytuacji nie ma mozilwosci zakazania czy wycofania sprzedazy broni tudziez jej odebrania obywatelom. gdyby to zrobiono na pewno przestepcy by to wykorzystali (albo ludzie ktorzy nabyli ja nielegalnie i schowali gdzies). wolnosc co do posiadania broni w tym przypadku jak widac jest tez poniekad przeklenstwem amerykanow.

i zgadzam sie z minganem - bedac w usa, jak ktos mnie na ulicy zaczepia, to boje sie mu "w[beeep]ic" albo cokolwiek zrobic bo nie wiem czy nie wyciagnie gnata i mnie nie zastrzeli, co mnie mocno wkur..wia. w europie nie ma takich problemow, a bron tez mozna dostac i trzymac w domu legalnie (chociaz o wiele trudniej). i to jest plus europy (zaznaczajac ze rozumiem dlaczego w usa dostep do broni jest bardziej powszechny) - po prostu tak jest i koniec.

nie jestem fanem broni, ale w usa dopoki nie bedzi jakiegos logicznego rozwiazania, ludzie musza miec dostep do broni. to jest podobna sytuacja jak wycofanie wojska z iraku. na razie po prostu nie ma dobrego wyjscia.

pozdr.

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...