Skocz do zawartości

Opieka nad Ciocią w NJ

polskapierwsza

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Odpowiedzi 26
  • Utworzony
  • Ostatnia odpowiedź

Let's explore some scenarios parents may be contemplating:

Scenario 1: Mother and 10 year old child are British citizens and hold valid ESTA authorisation for travel to the USA as tourists. The mother wishes to have the child enrolled in school in the USA; they plan on entering the country on the Visa Waiver Program to have the child start school in the US.

Scenario 2: Father has an aunt who is a US citizen and lives in the USA. The education system is not very good in the country where father lives and he agrees with his aunt that the best thing for his 16 year old daughter would be to send her to USA, using the daughter's existing B-2 tourist visa, so that she can live with the aunt and be enrolled in high school in the USA.

Unfortunately, both scenarios are doomed under US immigration law. The regulations specify that a B-1 visitor for business or B-2 visitor for pleasure visa holder "violates the conditions of his or her B-1 or B-2 status if the alien enrolls in a course of study." The regulations further specify that a person who wishes to study must first obtain an F-1 or an M-1 student visa before starting studies in the USA. Parents who enrol their children in school in violation of this prohibition risk visa cancellation (revocation) for their child and permanent visa ineligibility for themselves.

For the sake of completeness, and bearing in mind that the scenarios above would likely be excluded, there is a very narrowly carved exception for individuals whose primary purpose in travelling to the USA is tourism who will be engaging in a short course of study of no more than 18 hours per week where the programme is recreational or vocational in nature (i.e. not leading to a degree). A visa applicant planning to engage in a short course of study on a B-2 visa should discuss their proposed study with the Consular Officer to avoid possible allegations of misrepresentation further down the road and their visa may be annotated to confirm that studying incidental to the visit is allowed.

A person who wishes to study in the USA generally needs to apply for a student visa. The F-1 student visa is for academic study and the M-1 student visa is for study which is not principally academic in nature (i.e. vocational study). The US Embassy in London specifies some additional requirements that exist with regards to the student and the institution where the child plans to study.

An important consideration for school-age children is that studying at publicly financed schools is either not permitted or is severely limited depending on the child's age. Children wishing to attend elementary school or middle school cannot do so on an F-1 visa. High school age students are limited to attending public high school for twelve months and must make arrangements ahead of time to reimburse the school for the full (unsubsidised) tuition cost. Parents wishing to enrol their children in school in the USA may wish to investigate private schools which are not affected by these restrictions under the F-1 student visa regulations.

Generalnie jak zapiszesz dziecko do szkoly to moga wam anulowac wizy. Do tego jak napisalam, wiza turystyczna pozwala tylko na 6 miesiecy pobytu max. Chociaz widze ze i tak masz inne plany...

Jak nie-rezydent musialabys zaplacic pelne koszty - przejrzalam kilka roznych szkol i wszedzie roczny koszt to okolo 20,000$.

2 godziny temu, polskapierwsza napisał:

Ja będę płacić synowi

Te koszta, nawet w publicznych szkolach, moga byc spore. Jako cudzoziemka placisz tyle ile rezydenci placa w podatkach za szkoly publiczne. Suma bedzie sie roznic od miejscowosci do miejscowosci... im lepsza miejscowosc, tym lepsza szkola, tym wyzsze podatki. W NJ najwyzsze ktore ja widzialam to okolo $10,000 na rok. To jest i za licea i za szkoly podstawowe/gimnazja

1 godzinę temu, Roelka napisał:

Jak nie-rezydent musialabys zaplacic pelne koszty - przejrzalam kilka roznych szkol i wszedzie roczny koszt to okolo 20,000$.

Serio? $20,000? Z ciekawosci sama sprawdzilam, ale to co ja widzialam bylo ciut nizej niz $10,000 na rok za te najdrozsze. Gdzie $20,000?
http://www.nj.com/education/2016/06/which_nj_towns_pay_the_highest_average_school_taxe.html

Przejrzalam kilka randomowych high schools ktore wyskoczyly w Google I takie mniej wiecej bylo to tuition. Nie znam sie moze jakies ekskluzywne szkoly sprawdzilam :P

a to na temat szkół w USA

"

Jak zapisać dziecko do szkoły publicznej

• Do publicznej szkoły można zapisać dziecko w każdej chwili, nie czekając na początek roku szkolnego. Formalności są ograniczone do minimum. Należy tylko okazać dowód zamieszkania w okręgu szkolnym. Dowodem tym może być rachunek za prąd, gaz czy umowa wynajmu mieszkania (lease). Rachunek za telefon nie jest honorowany
  • Dziecko zostanie przyjęte do szkoły niezależnie od statusu imigracyjnego swojego czy rodziców. Brak numeru Social Security nie jest przeszkodą. Dzieci nielegalnych imigrantów mają pełne prawo do nauki w amerykańskich szkołach publicznych.
  • Rodzice, którzy przyjechali z dziećmi z Polski, powinni przedstawić dowody szczepień przeciw chorobie Heinego-Medina, śwince, odrze, kokluszowi, tężcowi, szkarlatynie, dyfterytowi itp. Jeżeli polska książeczka zdrowia jest niedostępna, szczepienia trzeba będzie po-wtórzyć. "

źródło : http://www.poland.us/strona,5,1079,0,jak-zapisac-dziecko-do-najlepszej-szkoly.html

czyli jak to jest ?  Roelka  ? cyt " :sly6, tyle ze oni planuja zapisac sie do szkoly na turystycznej ;) Co jest niedopuszalne. Generalnie wszystko w tym planie krzyczy: lamanie zasad wizy turystycznej.  "

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...