Skocz do zawartości

DV 2020 - wątek dla osób które wygrały GC i mają pytania

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

9 godzin temu, Kleofas11 napisał:

Nie rób żadnych gwałtownych ruchów. Wszystkie banki w Polsce (konkretnie te które są zgrupowane w Bankowym Funduszu Gwarancyjnym) dają zgodnie z przepisami UE gwarancje bezpieczeństwa (pełnej wypłaty) wkładów do równowartości 100 tys. euro (około 445 tys. PLN). Chodzi oczywiście tylko o zwykłe lokaty (bez żadnych dodatków/naleciałości) oraz o rachunki oszczędnościowe. Powyżej tej kwoty może być oczywiście problem w razie jakiegoś tąpnięcia. Kilka lat temu była jakaś ekonomiczna ruchawka na Cyprze i wtedy straszono przepadkiem 10 % wkładów (nawet tym klientom banków którzy trzymają w bankach poniżej równowartości 100 tys. euro). Ale na szczęście wtedy do tego nie doszło.

Nie no przecenia mnie Pan - aż tylu oszczędności nie posiadam - ale nawet utraty mniejszej ilości byłoby mi żal bo na każdy grosz pracowałem ciężko - nie jak te darmozjady z Wiejskiej... Każda nadwyżka szła na inwestycję w firmę - z lepszym lub gorszym skutkiem...

Jakbym spieniężył dom i firmę to miałbym się czego bać bo suma gwarancja bezpieczeństwa by nie wystarczyła z funduszu.

Już moja księgowa zauważyła, że jak tylko pojawia się jakaś większa suma na moim koncie to zaraz znajdują się funkcjonariusze państwowi którzy usilni próbują znaleźć jakieś nieprawidłowości w mojej firmie - najbardziej sprawdzają czas pracy kierowców i wszystko co jest związane z moimi autami bo tam najszybciej o nieprawidłowości... Dlatego wolę trzymać pieniądze po za bankami - jak mój ojciec starej daty.

Dobra, ale nie o tym tutaj mowa bo wiem, że jestem przewrażliwiony.

Czy ktoś miał na swojej rozmowie jakikolwiek z wcześniej wymienionych wniosków, wyciągów bankowych lub umów wynajmu nieruchomości w Polsce do pokazania lub jakoś inaczej musiał udowodnić swoje ewentualne utrzymanie na terytorium stanów w okresie przejściowym do czasu uzyskania zielonej karty?

• Odpowiedzi 957
  • Utworzony
  • Ostatnia odpowiedź
W dniu 7.10.2020 o 21:56, Duba91 napisał:

Dawajcie tu znać w takim razie jak coś się dzieje :)

Niestety do nowego pozwu mogą się dołaczyc zwycięzcy DV 2020 ale tylko pod warunkiem gdy mają wydana wizę i jednocześniej zakaz wjazdu do USA. 

Cytat z wiadomości:

UWAGA: Zwycięzcy DV-2020 kwalifikują się do tego pozwu tylko wtedy, gdy masz już wydaną wizę i zakaz wjazdu do USA. Niestety nie możemy dodać innych DV-2020 z powodu oczekującej apelacji w Sądzie Rejonowym DC.

Koszt to 1000 USD. Może pojawi się opcja dla spóźnialskich ale dopiero po rozpatrzeniu w/w apelacji w sadzie w DC. 

IV Ban Litigation FAQ – By Greg Siskind (gsiskind@visalaw.com)

1. Who is the lawsuit aiming to help? We are looking to assist people who have not been able to immigrate to the US as a result of the ban on immigrant categories covered in Presidential Proclamation 10014. This includes people in the following categories: facing delays at any of the State Department stages of processing. That would include people in the following categories: • Parents of US citizens • Spouses, children and siblings being sponsored in the Family Preference categories • EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-4 employment-based applicants • Diversity Visa winners A court has recently ruled in National Association of Manufacturers v. DHS that a similar Proclamation barring nonimmigrant visas (Presidential Proclamation 10052) is illegal and we believe that a similar argument would likely be successful in a case challenging PP10014. We will also seek a ruling that a presidential proclamation based on INA Section 212(f) cannot bar the issuance of visas. So if your case also involves a visa ban based on the coronavirus (the 14-day ban), we hope to resolve that issue as well with this suit.

2. Who are the lawyers in this suit? The law firms Joseph and Hall in Denver, Kuck Baxter in Atlanta and Siskind Susser in Memphis are co-counsel on this case as they have been on the mass litigation cases Aker v. Trump and Milligan v. Pompeo. Kuck Baxter founder Chuck Kuck is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Jeff Joseph of Joseph and Hall is currently the Secretary of AILA and will rotate in to the presidency. Greg Siskind of Siskind Susser is the author of numerous books on immigration law and is on the Board of Governors of AILA.

3. What is the legal basis for the suit? While we don’t want to get into detail about strategy lest we tip our hand too early to the government’s lawyers, we will rely on similar arguments made in our case in Aker v. Trump as well as the arguments successfully made in NAM v. DHS.

4. What remedy is being sought by the litigation? What does a win look like? Simply speaking, we are seeking to overturn the PP 10014 and reopen processing for all immigrant visa cases held up because of that ban. We will also seek to remove the barrier from the 14-day ban which bars the issuance of visas if one is subject to that ban. The case will not be able to force consulates not operating because of COVID to reopen, but we will seek to force the State Department to transfer cases to consulates which are operating.

5. Is the case being handled as a class action? We will seek class certification as we did in the Aker case. If the judge denies class certification (as he initially did in Aker), then only named plaintiffs will benefit.

6. Where is the case being filed? We intend to file the case in the Northern District of California where the NAM case was filed.

7. How long will it take to get results? We could start to see results shortly after filing the case (which will likely be a couple of weeks after we have our plaintiffs’ group lined up). That’s because the government often “moots out” cases and gets people out of the litigation by approving their cases quickly. This would likely apply to people who have had their interviews scheduled and it may also accelerate the scheduling of interviews for others. The suit is likely going to be filed a few weeks after we have our plaintiff group lined up. The speed with which we’re able to get declarations from the plaintiffs will affect how quickly we are able to file as well so we will be working with people to try and keep that process moving along expeditiously. After we file, we expect it will take a few days or weeks to get to the point where we have a hearing on our motion for a preliminary injunction. This is the hearing where a judge can order temporary relief until the case eventually gets to trial. For most, this is actually a more critical finding than the eventual decision in the case. If we win, the amount of time your case will take to get to completion will depend on where you are in your current processing and the capacity of the specific consulate. People still at the KCC could still be waiting a few months to get completed whereas people who have already been interviewed should see a quick issuance of a visa. If the government is not moving these cases in a satisfactory manner, we will seek redress from the judge in the case. The government can be held in contempt by a judge should they fail to move these cases.

8. Will there be a risk of backlash if I participate in the case? We have found over the years that the opposite tends to be the case - people who file a lawsuit are likely to get better treatment than people who don’t. Knowing that an applicant is not afraid to sue - something that is time consuming and expensive for the government to have to defend - usually means that the litigant will be treated respectfully. Note that we are filing to speed up processing on these cases. If a case has significant problems, suing the government is not going to solve that.

9. What are the odds of success? Any lawyer who promises success in litigation is not serving a client well. Litigation is unpredictable by its nature. We do not know which judge will be assigned to the case, for example. We do know this Administration has a poor track record when it comes to prevailing in court and we also believe our arguments are strong and have been bolstered by what we have learned in the Aker v. Trump and the NAM v. DHS cases. So we are optimistic. But we do not believe it is appropriate to quantify that.

10. What is the charge to participate in the litigation? We are charging $1000 to participate in the case. That is a one-time charge and we will not be billing for additional expenses and legal fees. The fee is due at the outset. We will be tracking our hours for this case and if someone who retains us withdraws shortly after engaging us, we would be able to offer a partial refund. However, once the complaint has been filed, the fees will have been considered earned and we will not be offering refunds after the complaint is filed. To illustrate, if after filing, a person’s case is approved or scheduled for an interview, the odds are high that the main reason the person got to this point is that the government is seeking to “moot out” the plaintiff, a result that is intended by our filing the suit. Thus, the fees are for us to complete work to file the complaint. Once that is done, the fee shall have been considered earned.

11. How many plaintiffs do you need to have and when will the decision be made to proceed? We have decided that in order for this matter to be financially viable for the three firms to pursue this litigation, we need to have 100 retained clients. We have already well-exceeded this number as to people requesting more information from us so we are hopeful we will reach this number. But until we have 100 signed engagement letters, we will not proceed. We plan on making that decision the week of October 10th.

12. Any problems with US service members being plaintiffs? In our experience, US service members are not barred from suing a federal agency in their personal capacity. Note that we are not experts on rules and regulations applicable to the military so it might be useful to check with a lawyer specializing in helping service members. We suggest that people consider scheduling a consultation with attorney Margaret Stock at https://www.cascadialawalaska.com/. Margaret is the nation’s foremost expert on immigration law as it affects military members.

13. How will communications work? We will have a weekly Zoom call to brief plaintiffs on the progress in the case and answer questions. We don’t have the capacity to speak to clients by phone as questions arise and request that people either email their questions or wait until the weekly Zoom call. But we have found the Zoom calls have been very successful in allowing our plaintiffs to get their questions answered.

14. What if I already have a lawyer or have filed a mandamus case? We are not representing you with respect to your individual case and cannot advise on your individual case strategy. If you are represented by counsel, you should talk about the pluses and minuses of joining the lawsuit and whether it makes sense for you. If you are already independently pursuing a mandamus action, you would not be able to be a plaintiff in this case.

15. Can DV-2020 winners participate in the suit? Possibly. If you are a DV-2020 winner who was NOT a named plaintiff in the recently decided cases in the District Court of DC (Aker/Fonjong/Mohammad/Gomez/Kennedy) and who has HAD a DV-2020 visa previously issued, you may participate in the case. We will not be focusing on a demand for more numbers than the 9,095 visas ordered to be issued by Judge Mehta in the DC cases (as we have no legal basis to do so).

16. Can DV-2021 winners participate in the suit? Yes. We are accepting DV-2021 winners regardless of whether their priority date is current. We believe dates will become current for all or virtually all DV-2021 winners based on prior years and we also know from our success in Aker v. Trump that plaintiffs who had high case numbers were still able to get visas issued in that litigation. We cannot guarantee, of course, that you will benefit from the case and get a visa, but we believe there is a possibility to benefit.

21 minut temu, Pawex1972 napisał:

Niestety do nowego pozwu mogą się dołaczyc zwycięzcy DV 2020 ale tylko pod warunkiem gdy mają wydana wizę i jednocześniej zakaz wjazdu do USA. 

Cytat z wiadomości:

UWAGA: Zwycięzcy DV-2020 kwalifikują się do tego pozwu tylko wtedy, gdy masz już wydaną wizę i zakaz wjazdu do USA. Niestety nie możemy dodać innych DV-2020 z powodu oczekującej apelacji w Sądzie Rejonowym DC.

Koszt to 1000 USD. Może pojawi się opcja dla spóźnialskich ale dopiero po rozpatrzeniu w/w apelacji w sadzie w DC. 

Czy ktoś może sie fachowo wypowiedzieć w tej sprawie?? Może jednak osoby które nie brały udziały we wcześniejszych pozwach mogą się dopisać>>??Czasu zostało niewiele. 15 października zamykają możliwość dopisania się.

• 4 tygodnie później...

Z pewnością " upadł " sprawca tego zamieszania. Trump przegrał wybory, zasłużył sobie na to swoją arogancją. Gdyby był bardziej ludzki z pewnoscią dostał by brakujące mu głosy, Brakło ciut, ciut .  Biden stopniowo będzie odkręcał te głupoty które PDT był łaskaw nam narobić. Zawsze sympatyzowałem z republikanami, ale Trump zmienił poważny urząd w kabaret , z początku nawet mu przyklaskiwałem, czego sie teraz wstydze. 

Odpowiadajc na twoje pytanie:

Wyrok w głównej sprawie  jest w sądzie apelacyjnym.  Nadal czekamy. 

31 minutes ago, Pawex1972 said:

z początku nawet mu przyklaskiwałem, czego sie teraz wstydze. 

E, ludzie po prostu nie mogli sobie wyobrazic ze on jest taki ohydny jaki jest... ja pamietam myslac, ze poniewaz to nie jest polityk i nie ideolog, ze moze nie bedzie najgorszy. Ze bedzie mial praktyczne podejscie do rzadzenia. Niestety, bylam zawiedziona od pierwszego dnia, kiedy klamal wsciekle ze on mial wieksze tlumy na inauguration niz Obama. I ze kazal rzadowi tez klamac. Jakby ludzie nie mieli oczy i sami nie mogli ocenic. To byl taki pierwszy sygnal ze on jest bezczelny bezwstydny i prawdopodobnie umyslowo chory. And it was downhill from there... 

2 hours ago, katlia said:

E, ludzie po prostu nie mogli sobie wyobrazic ze on jest taki ohydny jaki jest... ja pamietam myslac, ze poniewaz to nie jest polityk i nie ideolog, ze moze nie bedzie najgorszy. Ze bedzie mial praktyczne podejscie do rzadzenia. Niestety, bylam zawiedziona od pierwszego dnia, kiedy klamal wsciekle ze on mial wieksze tlumy na inauguration niz Obama. I ze kazal rzadowi tez klamac. Jakby ludzie nie mieli oczy i sami nie mogli ocenic. To byl taki pierwszy sygnal ze on jest bezczelny bezwstydny i prawdopodobnie umyslowo chory. And it was downhill from there... 

Fake it till you make it - tego biznes nauczył Trumpa który myślał, że kłamanie będzie jego atutem w polityce. Oh boy he was wrong...

4 godziny temu, Pawex1972 napisał:

Z pewnością " upadł " sprawca tego zamieszania. Trump przegrał wybory, zasłużył sobie na to swoją arogancją. Gdyby był bardziej ludzki z pewnoscią dostał by brakujące mu głosy, Brakło ciut, ciut .  Biden stopniowo będzie odkręcał te głupoty które PDT był łaskaw nam narobić. Zawsze sympatyzowałem z republikanami, ale Trump zmienił poważny urząd w kabaret , z początku nawet mu przyklaskiwałem, czego sie teraz wstydze. 

Chyba troszkę więcej niż ciut, ciut ;). Chyba, że miałeś na myśli takie amerykańskie ciut, ciut... tam wszystko jest większe, to i ciut, ciut wygląda inaczej :P.

4 godziny temu, haneczka019 napisał:

Chyba troszkę więcej niż ciut, ciut ;). Chyba, że miałeś na myśli takie amerykańskie ciut, ciut... tam wszystko jest większe, to i ciut, ciut wygląda inaczej :P.

Dokładnie tak :)

Myślę że dla sprawy imigracji Biden może okazać się dobrym prezydentem. W kampanii zapowiedział działania w kierunku legalizacji pobytu i uzyskania obywatelstwa dla milionów nielegalnych imigrantów w USA. Ma to wpłynąć pozytywnie na rynek pracy w czasie wielomiliardowych inwestycji w infrastrukturę. Myślę, że przez takie podejęcie można liczyć na utrzymanie loterii wizowej przy życiu i brak kontynuacji bana nałożonego przez Donalda. Nie piszę już celowo prezydenta Trumpa, bo faktycznie jego czas już minął i odliczamy końcowe "minuty" tej chorej prezydentury w której liczyła się tylko kasa bogaczy. 

Temat został przeniesiony do archiwum

Ten temat przebywa obecnie w archiwum. Dodawanie nowych odpowiedzi zostało zablokowane.

• Dodaj nową pozycję...